B.Sc. Second Class Upper degree, in Mass Communication;
M.Sc Distinction, Governance and Development.
Secretary, All Progressives Congress(APC) National Publicity.
– Reporter, Thisday Newspapers, 1997;
– Publications Officer, Africa Leadership Forum, Ota, Ogun State, 1998;
– Programme Officer, Africa Leadership Forum, Ota, Ogun State, 1999;
– Deputy Editor, Sunday Newspaper, ThisDay Newspapers, 2000;
-Deputy Editor, ThisDay Newspapers, 2001;
– Special Assistant, Communications and Strategy, Office of the Executive Governor, Kwara State, 2003. (As an Assistant to the Governor, Mr Abdullahi convened the first Kwara Education Summit in 2003, and also served in various committees including the State Economic Team, which co-ordinated the production of the State Economic Empowerment and Development Strategy (SEEDS); and the State Budget Implementation Committee in which he served as its Chairperson);
– Special Adviser, Policy and Strategy, Office of the Executive Governor, Kwara State, 2005;
– Commissioner, Kwara State Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, April 2007- May 2011;
– Honourable Minister, Federal Ministry of Youth Development, 2011-2014;
– Chairman, National Sports Commission;
All Progressives Congress (APC)
In his first year as a journalist, Mr Abdullahi won a nomination for the Nigerian Media Merit Award for the Best Newspaper Feature of the Year.
In 2001, he won the British Council Chevening Scholarship to study for a postgraduate programme in Governance and Development at the prestigious Institute of Development Studies (IDS), University of Sussex, in the United Kingdom.
Mr Abdullahi has written over 1000 newspaper articles. He authored the Nigeria country report for the Transparency International’s Global Corruption Report, 2003 and On a Platter of Gold: How Jonathan Won and Lost Nigeria (2017).
Under his watch, Nigeria won the African Nations Cup after a nineteen year drought as well as winning the 2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup. Nigeria also climbed to the number one position in all three categories of athletics under Abdullahi’s tenure as Sports minister.
“Please send your updated CV to: email@example.com” – Editor
All entries available on this Website shall be updated from time to time in order to add, modify or amend the information or contents of an existing entry. Accordingly, no legal proceedings whatsoever shall be entertained by the biographer on account of any information deemed to be inadequate or incomplete.