1. Halima Bello
2. Mariya Dangote
3. Fatima Abubakar
4. Abdulrahman Fasasi
PRESENT APPOINTMENT: CEO, Dangote Group
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES:
– Nigerian-British Chamber of Commerce;
– Nigerian Association of Chambers of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (NACCIMA);
– Kano Chapter of Commerce and Industry;
– Manufacturers Association of Nigeria.
AWARDS AND HONOURS:
– One of the 20 most outstanding CEOs in Corporate Nigeria, Vanguard Annual Award for Managerial excellence, 2002;
– Officer of the Order of the Niger (OON);
– npm: Federal Government of Nigeria, 1998;
– Zik Prize for Professional Leadership, 1998;
– International Honorary Award of the Ahmadu Bello, by Arewa Research and Publication, 1999;
– Best Indigenous Shipper in Nigeria, 2000;
– Cross River Roll of Honours Award, best Entrepreneur and Philanthropist of the year, by Governor Donald Duke, Cross River State, 2002;
– First Ever Fellowship Award, by Lagos State Polytechnic, 2002;
– Commander of the Order of the Niger (CON), 2005;
– Most Respected C.E.O. of the Year, by Price Water House Coopers/ BusinessDay, 2005;
– Entrepreneur of the Year, Thisday Awards, 2006;
– Best CEO of the Year, 11th Annual Thisday Awards;
– Grand Commander of the Order of the Niger, (GCON), 2011.
1. Honorary Citizenship of Arkansas
2. Forbes Africa Person of the Year 2014
HONOURARY DEGREES AND AWARDING INSTITUTIONS:
1. Honorary degree of Doctor of Science (D.Sc.) by the University of Ibadan (UI);
2. Honorary doctorate degree of business (Hon. D.B) by the Lagos State University;
3. Honorary Doctorate Degree, Federal University of Technology, Akure, October 2002;
4. Doctors of Science in Business Management (D.Sc. Honoris Causa), by University of Calabar, Cross River State, 2003.
Aliko Dangote is the richest man in Africa.
1. “I enjoy myself a lot but I derive more joy in working. I believe in hard work and one of my business success secrets is hard work. It’s hard to see a youth that will go to bed by 2am and wake up by 5am. I don’t rest until I achieve something.”
2. “If you don’t have ambition, you shouldn’t be alive”.
3. “Every morning when I wake up, I make up my mind to solve as many problems, before retiring home.”
4. “I built a conglomerate and emerged the richest black man in the world in 2008 but it didn’t happen overnight. It took me thirty years to get to where I am today. Youths of today aspire to be like me but they want to achieve it overnight. It’s not going to work. To build a successful business, you must start small and dream big. In the journey of entrepreneurship, tenacity of purpose is supreme.”
Union Marble House
1 Alfred Rewane Road,
PMB 40032, Falomo Ikoyi,
“Please send your updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org” – Editor
All entries available on this Website shall be updated from time to time in order to add, modify or amend the information or contents of an existing entry. Accordingly, no legal proceedings whatsoever shall be entertained by the biographer on account of any information deemed to be inadequate or incomplete.