Chairman, Board of Business Day Newspaper; Chairman, Techpoint.ng; Director, Centre for Leadership in Journalism (CLeJ); Visiting Research Scholar, University of Westminster, London; Director and Fellow, Institute of National Transformation (INT);
– Senior Policy Adviser, Minister of Information, 1986-1990;
– Executive Director, Nigerian-American Chamber of Commerce, 1990-1992;
– Special Adviser, Chief of General Staff (Nigeria’s Military Vice President), 1998-1999;
– Consultant, (World Bank Team), Federal Ministry of Information and the Bureau for Public Enterprises (BPE);
– Media and Communication Consultant, Vision 2010 and Africa Union;
– Editor, English Service, The Pan African News Agency, Dakar Senegal;
– Senior Staff Writer, The Daily Times of Nigeria and Newswatch Magazine;
– Host, Talk Shows, Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria and Nigerian Television Authority (NTA)
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES/PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
– Member, National Union of Journalist;
– Member, Nigerian Institute of Management
AWARDS AND HONOURS:
– Recipient, Best Reporter Award, Daily Times, 1978.
In his current career as an academic, Ikiebe has written or edited several books on media in Nigeria. His research is a landmark study of the Nigerian Media (1935-2010). In the course of this work, he interviewed over 80 leading journalists (retired and active).
– The Press National Elections, and the Politics of Belonging in Nigeria, 2017
(Unpublished PhD Dissertation.)
– Nigerian Media Leaders: Voices Beyond the Newsroom Vol. One, 2015
– Nigerian Media Leaders: Voices Beyond the Newsroom Vol. Two, 2015
– Future Tense: The Travails of Next and Nigerian Journalism in the Digital Age, 2012, Editor (with Taiwo Obe)
– Kolade’s Canon 1: People, Leadership and Management, 2013. Editor
– Kolade’s Canon2: Business and Economy, Nation Building, Ethics. 2013.Editor
– Kolade’s Canon 3: Broadcasting. 2013. Editor
Also in the course of his career as a journalist, Ikiebe published numerous articles in newspapers and periodicals mostly on the Nigerian social, economic and political environment.
Mr. Ikiebe wrote the blueprint for reorganisation of Organisation of African Unity Dept. of Information & Public Affairs.
Centre for Leadership in Journalism,
School of Media and Communication, Pan-Atlantic University,
Ibeju-Lekki Lagos, NIGERIA.
“Please send your updated CV to: email@example.com” – Editor
All entries available on this Website shall be updated from time to time in order to add, modify or amend the information or contents of an existing entry. Accordingly, no legal proceedings whatsoever shall be entertained by the biographer on account of any information deemed to be inadequate or incomplete.