Fellow, Weatherhead Center for International Affairs, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States; Member, Gusau Institute Steering Committee
– News Editor, Sunday Graphic, Benin City, 1982-84;
– Assistant News Editor, The Guardian, 1984-85;
– Associate Editor, New African Magazine, London, 1985;
– News Editor, Sunday Edition of The Guardian, 1985-88;
– Editor, Sunday Edition of The Guardian, 1988-92;
– Editor, The Guardian. 1992-99;
– Managing Director/Editor-in-Chief, The Guardian Newspapers Limited, 1999-2016;
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES:
– Former Member, Governing Council of the Nigerian Institute of Journalism.
– Former Board Member, Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria.
– Member, Nigeria Union of Journalists.
– Fellow, Nigeria Guild of Editors, (also Former Secretary General).
– Member, Vision 2010, Committee, 1997-98.
– Board Member, West African Institute (WAI), Cape Verde.
– Fellow, 21st Century Trust, England.
– Member, NEPAD Business Group Nigeria.
– Member, Business Support Group (CHOGM 2003)
– Fellow, Weatherhead Center for International Affairs, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States.
AWARDS AND HONOURS:
– Justice of Peace (JP), 1994.
– Co-author, The Crisis of Press Freedom in Nigeria, published by the Constitutional Rights Project, Lagos.
– reading, travelling, sports.
“Please send your updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org” – Editor
All entries available on this Website shall be updated from time to time in order to add, modify or amend the information or contents of an existing entry. Accordingly, no legal proceedings whatsoever shall be entertained by the biographer on account of any information deemed to be inadequate or incomplete.