Mbu, Isi- Uzo LGA, Enugu State
BA., MA., Ph. D.
– Teacher, St. Patrick’s School, Iva-Valley, Enugu, 1962-1966;
– Tutor, Isi-Enu Grammar School, Nsukka, Enugu, 1972;
– Senior Administrative Officer, Anambra State SPORT Council, Enugu, 1976-1981;
– Executive Producer & Head Religion / Philosophy, Anambra Television (ATV CH. 5-0), 1984;
– Director Of Personnel, Anambra broadcasting Service (ABS, Radio/TV, Enugu State, 1985 – 1991;
– Chairman, Isu-Uzo LGA Hospital management: Board Anambra State, 1986-1991;
– Administrative Secretary for the registration of initial members of social Democratic party (SDP) in Anambra state, 1990;
– Pioneer Managing Director/Chief Executive, Enugu State Broadcasting Service (ESBS), Enugu State, 1991-1994;
– Lecturer (part –time), Department of philosophy, Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT), Enugu, 1993-1994;
– Director-General, Enugu State ministry of information/culture, 1994-1995;
– Director-General, Enugu State Executive Council/Special Duties (Exco), 1994-1995;
– General Manager & Chief Executive, Enugu State Gaming Commission, 1996 – 1997;
– Zonal Commanding Officer, Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) Zone 7, Sokoto, May 1998-Aug 2001;
– Director, Department of Logistics & supply, Federal Road Safety Commission
(FRSC) Headquarters, Abuja, 2001-Nov. 2002;
– Director/ Assistant Corps Marshall (ACM), Department of Training, Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) Abuja, Nov. 2002 – Oct. 2007;
– Member, Inspector General of police 6-man committee on “the need for total assimilation of FRSC into the Nigeria Police, 2003;
– Chairman, committee on the Formulation of Road Safety, Curriculum Module for primary Schools in Nigeria, 2004;
– Editor, “Tips on Road Safety for children” and “Audio Tapes for Adult Drivers” 2005;
– Coordinator, National Committee for the presentation/Launching of FRSC Educational materials, published by the FRSC 2005;
– Chairman, Committee on the criteria for promotion in the FRSC, 2005;
– Coordinator, Arms Training programme for FRSC staff at the 82 Division, Nigeria Army, Enugu, 2005;
– Chairman, 10-man committee on the Alternative Funding for FRSC, 2005-2007;
– Chairman, committee on the Development of Curriculum/syllabus for the FRSC Academy and FRSC Training School, 2005;
– Chairman, Committee on Review of FRSC uniforms and accruements, 2005;
– Chairman, committee on Review of FRSC Logo, 2006.
CURRENT MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ORGANISATION:
• Fellow, institute of industrialists and corporate Administrators (FUCA)
• Associate member, institute of management consultants (AMIC)
• Member, Broadcasting Organization of Nigeria (BON)
• Member, knights of St. Mulumba Nigeria (KSM)
HONOURS AND AWARDS:
a. PROFESSIONAL HONOURS:
– Rotary Club of Nigeria Ideal of Service to Humanity Award, 1993.
– Broadcasting organization of Nigeria (BON) Award for outstanding Contributions to the Broadcasting Industry in Nigeria, 1994.
– Distinguished Alumnus Award by the University of Nigeria Alumni Association, 2001.
b. SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS:
– Eastern Nigeria Scholarship for Grade II Teacher’s Certificate, 1960-1962.
– University of Nigeria undergraduate scholarship for high academic performance, 1974-1976.
– Anambra State Government postgraduate (Overseas) scholarship award for MA in Philosophy in Canada, 1979-1980.
– Federal Government of Nigeria postgraduate (Overseas) Scholarship Award for Ph.D in philosophy, 1981.
EDITORIAL SERVICES AND PUBLICATIONS:
a) RESEARCH PAPERS;
Written and presented over 45 research and seminar papers including:
• A philosophical Analysis of Igbo concept of reincarnation (undergraduate Thesis), 1976.
• Existentialism and Marxism; A Response. A seminar paper, 1979.
• The limit of freedom in Education. A seminar paper, 1980.
• The living-Dead in African philosophy; A concept Analysis of the Role of the Ancestor, with special reference to the Igbo Culture. (MA thesis), 1980.
• The Concept of being in African philosophy; An ontological investment with special References to the Igbo Culture. (Ph. D thesis), 1991.
• The Teacher as vehicle for the young road user’s safety and development; an exhortation; A CONVOCATION LECTURE DELIVERED DURING THE 15TH CONVOCATION CEREMONIES FOR THE AWARD OF THE NIGERIA CERTIFICATE IN EDUCATION (NCE) FOR 2008/2009 GRADUANS OF THE NWAFOR ORIZU COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, NZUGBE.
b. PUBLISHED WORKS:
• Osayi RC (1973). Students Guide to General Knowledge and current Affairs for Elementary five and six, SNAAP press Ltd, Enugu.
• Osayi RC (1989). After Death, what next? SNAAP press Ltd, Enugu.
• Osayi RC (1997). BISHOP Michael Eneja; Analysis of Philosophic thoughts, SNAPP press Ltd, Enugu.
• Osayi RC (2013). By passing dwarfism in thoughts and actions; a guide for personal and National Development.
• Osayi RC (2014). Message from late Bishop M.U Eneja, SNAPP press Ltd, Enugu.
• Osayi RC (2018). THE CRITERION: EFFECTIVE PUBLIC SERVICE REFORM OPTION-A HIND SIGHT APPROACH: THE NIGERIA CASE. OPT Nig. Ltd.
c. EDITORIAL EXPREIENCE;
• Editor, Road Safety Tips for children, an FRSC/Green coast publication, 2005.
• Editor, KSM, Abuja Sub-council news letter (2015-date).
• Walking/ Jogging
• Listening to classical music
• Reading and writing
OTHER RELEVANT TRAINING:
• Basic Course in Road Safety, 1997
• British Council Certificate Course for Top management Skills, 1993
• Certificate in Library Studies, 1985
• Certificate in TV Production, BBC London, 1982
KEY ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS DIRECTOR/ ASSISTANT CORPS MARSHALL (ACM), DEPARTMENT OF TRAINING, FEDERAL ROAD SAFETY COMMISSION (FRSC) ABUJA BETWEEN NOV. 2002 AND OCT. 2007:
1. Developed the syllabus for the teaching of road safety principles and practice in both primary and secondary schools in Nigeria, already approved by the Nigerian Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC).
2. Chaired the FRSC committee that recommended the development of key infrastructure for the corps, resulting in the creating of FRSC website, and fax/email facilities
3. Successfully linked the FRSC with some widely acclaimed local and international agency that later provided foreign technical aids to the corps.
4. Identified the need for and painstakingly prepared a draft memorandum of the FRSC Trust Fund
5. Edited and co-produced “A cartoon Book containing tips on road safety for children” and audio tapes containing Tips on Defensive Driving for adult Drivers (2000), in collaboration with Green coast (Nig) Ltd.
6. Established collaboration with the Department of special Education, University of Jos to translate the children’s cartoon Book into Braille writing for visually impaired children in primary and Post- primary school in Nigeria.
“Please send your updated CV to: [email protected]” – Editor
All entries available on this Website shall be updated from time to time in order to add, modify or amend the information or contents of an existing entry. Accordingly, no legal proceedings whatsoever shall be entertained by the biographer on account of any information deemed to be inadequate or incomplete.