Agbor, Delta State
– Part-time Computer operator, Baton Rouge Bank and Trust Company;
– Clerical Officer, Union Bank (formerly Barclays Bank), 1973;
– Manager, Lion Bank;
– Financial Analyst (then Senior Manager), International Merchant Bank, 1987;
– Senior Manager, Corporate Finance Department of Merchant Bank of Africa, 1987-1990;
– CEO, Zenith Bank, 1990 – 2010;
– Member, Governing Council of the Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission, 1999 – 2007;
– Member, board of American International School, Lagos, 2001 -2003;
– Member, National Economic Management Team of Nigeria.
AWARDS AND HONOURS:
– Zik Award for Professional Leadership;
– National Award of Member Federal Republic (MFR), 2000;
– National Award of Commander of the Order of the Niger (CON), November, 2011;
“Africa Rise And Shine” (2018)
– Doctor of Science (D.Sc.) in Finance from the Lagos State University
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Under the leadership of Jim Ovia, Zenith bank received prestigious awards, some of which includes:
– The Most Respected Bank in Nigeria by PricewaterhouseCoopers in 2005;
– Bank of the Year by The Banker Magazine in 2005;
– Named the most security friendly and conscious bank in Nigeria for 2005;
– Ranked the Fourth biggest bank in Nigeria by the Central Bank of Nigeria in 2005;
– African Bank of the Year in 2007 by African Investor Magazine;
– Named Quoted Company of the Year by the Nigerian Stock Exchange in 2007;
– Socially Responsible Bank of the Year awarded by African Banker Magazine;
– Won the Web-Jurist award conducted by the website rating arm of Phillips Consulting.
An avid fan of iconic architecture, Jim Ovia developed the Civic Centre and Aquamarine Boat Club to exploit Nigeria’s burgeoning hospitality sector. Adjacent to this, he built the Civic Towers, a 15 story office block that colloquially is referred to as Nigeria’s “Empire State Building”.
“Please send your updated CV to: email@example.com” – Editor
All entries available on this Website shall be updated from time to time in order to add, modify or amend the information or contents of an existing entry. Accordingly, no legal proceedings whatsoever shall be entertained by the biographer on account of any information deemed to be inadequate or incomplete.