Essien Udim, Ukana Ikot Ntuen
Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; Senate Minority Leader
– Teacher, Afaha Secondary School, Essien Udim, 1982;
– General Senior Prefect Federal Government College, Port Harcourt;
-Hon. Speaker of Parliament Student Union Government of Calabar;
– Associate Partner, Paul Usoro and Company, Broad Street, Lagos;
– Director, Corporate Affairs/Legal Services, EM1STelecoms, 1995-02;
– Personal Assistant to Senator Nsima Akpabio;
– Honourable Commissioner for Petroleum and Mineral Resources, 2002-03;
-Chairman, President Olusegun Obasanjo and Arc. (Obong) Victor Attah Second Term (Re-election) Rally and Mobilization Declaration Committee for Ikot Ekpene, 2003;
– Commissioner, Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, 2003-2006;
– Commissioner, Ministry of Lands and Housing, 2006-2007;
– Executive Governor, Akwa Ibom State, 2007-2015.
-Defunct National Party of Nigeria,;
-Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)
Iberedem Ibibio; Ukai Ibibto; Ibatai Iman Ibom; Obong Iberedem Ekid; Obong Ifiok Ibesikpo; Obong Iberedem, NsitAtai; Itai Odoro Ikot; Ubok Udom Ukpum
– Youth Ambassador of Nigeria by the National Youth Council of Nigeria;
– Most Outstanding Commissioner in Akwa Ibom State, 2005;
– AIT/Ray Power Award for Excellence in Local Government Administration/Reforms in Nigeria;
– Man Of the War Award;
– The Niger Delta Leadership Award;
– Man of the Year 2009 Award, by Daily Independent, February 2010;
Doctorate Degree, Public Administration and Strategy, The Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, 2009;
“If you choose to be discouraged about life, you are not a leader”
Reading, Travelling, Political Discussion, Philanthropy, Swimming;
Adapted from Activating Success (with Love Idoko)
In 1995, Senator Akpabio took an interest in the telecommunications industry. He joined a group of people, working as the company secretary (and a shareholder too) to pioneer the emergence of private telephone operations in Nigeria. He worked in that company/ industry until he was promoted to the post of Acting Managing Director.
During his tenure as Executive Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Senator Akpabio conducted 9,999 voices Christmas Carol Event, the largest by any state government in the world. In 2012, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God attended the event and in 2013, the Presiding Bishop of Living Faith Church Worldwide (also known as Winners’ Chapel) attended the event with over 24 channels (such as Silverbird, AIT, NTA, Channels Television, TBN, etc) broadcasting it live.
“Please send your updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org” – Editor
All entries available on this Website shall be updated from time to time in order to add, modify or amend the information or contents of an existing entry. Accordingly, no legal proceedings whatsoever shall be entertained by the biographer on account of any information deemed to be inadequate or incomplete.