B.A., M.A., Ph.D.,
Senior-Level Partnership and Policy Director, Nigeria Mortgage Refinance Company
– Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, MINAJ Broadcasting, Minaj Media Group, London, UK, October 1998-January 2000;
– Publications Officer, The World Bank Group, D.C., External Affairs and UN Relations Vice Presidency, April 2000- March 2003;
– Development Communications Consultant, The World Bank Group, D.C., Africa Regional Vice Presidency, September 2003-March 2003;
– Communications and Partnerships Officer, The World Bank Group/ Cities Alliance, Washington D.C., USA, April 2005- May 2012;
– Special Adviser to the Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance, Office of the Coordinating Minister, Ministry of Finance, Abuja, June 2012- November 2014;
– Executive Director: Policy, Corporate Strategy, Partnerships and Business Development, Nigeria Mortgage Refinance Company (Abuja and Lagos), November 2014- November 2018.
University of London’s School of Oriental and African Studies Scholarship, 1978; recipient, Postgraduate Scholarship for the study of doctor of philosophy in Comparative Literature, 1984; Outstanding Teacher of the Session Award, Students Union, Faculty of Arts, University of Calabar, Calabar, 1986.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES/PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
– Member, Nigerian Publishers Association;
– Member, African Publishers Association;
– Member, Association of Nigerian Authors;
– Member, National Association of University Women;
– Member, Society for International Development;
– Member, Women in Development;
– Member, World Bank Alumni Association;
– Fellow, British Council.
– Collection of short stories in Okike: A Journal of African Creative Writing;
– Council of the Elders: A Tribute to the Veterans of the South African Liberation Struggle, Co-edited with Vanley Burke, Firdoze Bulbulia, Faith Isiakpere, by Minaj Publishers, London, 1996;
– Africa’s Promise: Encouraging Youth Participation in the Debate on African Development by World Bank Publications, Washington DC, 2003;
– Figures in a Dance: The Theater of WB Yeats and Wole Soyinka, Trenton, NJ; by World Press/Red Sea Press, Africa, 2003;
– Livable Cities: Integrating the Environment into Urban Planning Processes, Ed.,mCities Alliance/UNEP/World Bank, Washington DC, 2007;
– The Changing Face of Lagos: From Vision to Reform and Transformation, edited with Prof Michael O. Filani, Cities Alliance, Wahington DC, 2011;
SAMPLED PUBLISHED PRESENTATIONS
– “Growing the Mortgage Market in Developing Economies: The Role of PPPs” – AfDB/UN-HABITAT consultative workshop on Housing market dynamics in Africa, Dakar, Senegal, February 23rd to 24th, 2015;
– “New Dynamics in the Housing Finance Market in Nigeria,” African Union of Housing Finance Conference, Durban, South Africa, October 2015;
– “Housing Finance and Policy: Bridging the Gap,” Papers from the Abuja Housing Conference, July 2016;
– “Defining Affordable Housing in Nigeria,” GIZ/FMPW&H Summit in Abuja, Nigeria, June 2016;
– “Creating an Enabling Environment with a Strong Regulatory Framework to Govern PPPs in the Housing Sector”, Affordable Housing Conference, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, April 2016;
– “National Framework for the Implementation of the New Urban Agenda” – in conjunction with Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing in Nigeria, 9th World Urban Forum, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, February 2018;
– “The Business Case for Going Green”, presentation on the launch of IFC’s EDGE Green Building certification program in Nigeria. Lagos and Abuja, May 2018;
– “Enhancing Financial Inclusion: Uniform Underwriting Standards for the Informal Sector”, presentation to the African Union of Housing Finance Conference, Abidjan Cote d’Ivoire, October 2018;
– Radcliffe Alumni Association; Member, University College, Dublin, Ireland, Alumni Association; member, Jesuit Alumni Association; Soroptimisl International, Lagos Mainland Branch.
+1 301 346 8477
“Please send your updated CV to: [email protected]” – Editor
All entries available on this Website shall be updated from time to time in order to add, modify or amend the information or contents of an existing entry. Accordingly, no legal proceedings whatsoever shall be entertained by the biographer on account of any information deemed to be inadequate or incomplete.