B.Sc., M.SC., PhD
– Dr Baru held various positions at the Jos Steel Rolling Company Ltd. including: Head, Corporate Planning and Electrical Departments while also serving in several Committees in the Company, 1988-1991;
– Engineering Manager, National Engineering and Technical Company Limited (NETCO), May – November 1991;
– Manager, Operations of Procurement Management Services (PROMAS), 1991 – 1993;
– General Manager, Gas Division, National Petroleum Investment Management Services (NAPIMS), 1993-1999;
– Executive Director, Operations, Nigerian Gas Company (NGC), 1999;
– Chief Technical Negotiator, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), West African Gas Pipeline project, 1999-2004;
– Managing Director, Hyson (Nigeria) Limited, 2004-2006;
– Director, NNPC-owned Carlson Services (UK) Limited, 2004 – 2007;
– Chairman, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Anti – Corruption Committee, September 2004 – 2007;
– Group General Manager, Greenfield Refinery Projects Division, December 2006 – September 2007;
– Group General Manager, National Petroleum Investment Management Services (NAPIMS), 2007;
– Group General Manager, LNG Investment Management Services (LIMS);
– Manager, Operations, Procurement Management Services;
– Manager, Engineering for National Engineering and Technical Company Limited (NETCO);
– Group Executive Director, Exploration & Production, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), 2015;
– Technical Adviser (Gas Matters) to the Minister of State for Petroleum, March 2016 – July 2016;
– Group Managing Director, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), 2016- 2019;
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES:
– Fellow, Nigerian Society of Engineers (FNSE);
– Member, Council of Registered Engineers of Nigeria (COREN);
– Fellow, Nigerian Institution of Mechanical Engineers (NIMechE);
– Member, Nigerian Gas Association (NGA) and Chairman of NGA Advisory Board;
– Member, Institute of Directors of Nigeria (IoD);
– Member, Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (FRCN);
– Honourary Fellow, Nigerian Society of Engineering Technicians;
– Honourary Fellow, Nigerian Environmental Society (NES);
– Honourary Fellow, Nigerian Metallurgical Society(NMS);
– Honourary Member, Nigerian Association of Petroleum Explorationists (NAPE).
MEMBERSHIP OF INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION
– Fellow, Occupational Safety and Health Association (OSHAssociation) UK.
AWARDS AND HONOURS
– Best Technical Drawing and best Mechanical Engineering Student in Parts I and II in 1980 and 1981.
– Recipient, Shell BP Petroleum Prize for the Best Final Year Mechanical Engineering Student.
– Recipient, Lever Brothers Prize for the Best Final Year Mechanical Engineering Investigation Project at the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, 1982.
– Recipient of the Presidential Merit Award of the Nigerian Society of Chemical Engineers.
– The 2016 Honourary Award of the Nigerian Association of Petroleum Explorationists (NAPE) to commemorate his conferment as Honorary Member of NAPE.
– The 2016 Achievement Award of the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) Nigeria Council for his Outstanding Contributions to SPE Nigeria.
– The 2017 Award of Excellence of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN) in recognition of his Resourcefulness and Responsiveness to Labour and Industrial Relations Issues in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
– Local Content Champion by Petroleum Technology Association of Nigeria (PETAN), 2016.
– The PETAN Appreciation Award for the promotion of the growth of Nigerian Companies and Entrepreneurs in the Petroleum Industry through the sponsorship of Nigeria’s participation at the 2017 OTC.
– The PETAN 2017 Oil and Gas Industry Award in recognition of the Corporation’s aggressive exploration campaign in the Benue Trough and the Chad Basin.
– The Diamond Award in recognition of NNPC’s support and contribution towards the success of SPE’s Nigeria Annual International Conference & Exhibition (NAICE) 2017.
“Please send your updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org” – Editor
All entries available on this Website shall be updated from time to time in order to add, modify or amend the information or contents of an existing entry. Accordingly, no legal proceedings whatsoever shall be entertained by the biographer on account of any information deemed to be inadequate or incomplete.