Ilorin, Kwara State.
B.Sc., MA., Ph.D
Founder/Chairman of Savannah Center; Chancellor Kwara State University; Member,Independent Eminent Experts on the Implementation of the Durban Declaration and Programme of Action;Co-chair for the Commission on Global Security, Justice & Governance, joint project of The Hague Institute for Global Justice and the Stimson Center; Professor, Ahmed Bello University,1983 till date.
– Director-General of the Nigerian Institute of International Affairs,1983-1984;
– National Delegate, Assembly of the African Union,1984-1985;
– Minister of Foreign Affairs of Nigeria, 1984-1985
– Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Nigeria to the United Nations
– Chairman of the United Nations Special Committee Against Apartheid,1990-1994
– First Under-Secretary-General and Special Adviser to the Secretary-General on Africa,1999-2005;
– Resident Special Representative of the Secretary-General
– Head of the United Nations Mission to Angola 2002-2003;
– Member,United Nations Secretary-General’s delegation ,2000-2012;
– Joint Special Representative of the Secretary General;
– Chairperson, African Union Commission;
– Head,United Nations and Africa Union Hybrid Mission in Darfur (UNAMID),2010-2012.
– Member, Johns Hopkins University’s Society of Scholars.
Member, United Nations
Member,International Advisory Board of the Institute of Peace, Leadership and Governance, Zimbabwe.
Recipient, Commander of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (CFR)
Winner, Special Recognition for International Development and Diplomacy Award,2007
Winner,the Distinguished (Foreign) Service Award,2008
winner, International House Harry Edmonds Award
– Africa’ Security Questions at the End of the 20TH Century Into The New Millenium
– United Nations in a Changing World Order: An African’s Perspective
Honoris Causa, Doctor of Humane Letters ,(D.Hum.Litt.), University of Bridgeport,2002
Honoris Causa, Doctor of Humane Letters ,(D.Hum.Litt.), Farleigh Dickinson University, New Jersey (2006)
Honorary Doctorate of Public Service, Chatham University,May 2008
Honorary Doctor of Letters (D.Litt), University of Ibadan, Nigeria (November 2011
“Please send your updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org” – Editor
All entries available on this Website shall be updated from time to time in order to add, modify or amend the information or contents of an existing entry. Accordingly, no legal proceedings whatsoever shall be entertained by the biographer on account of any information deemed to be inadequate or incomplete.