First School Leaving Certificate “Distinction” 1965;
West African School Certificate “Grade 1” 1971;
General Certificate of Education “A” level 1974;
Foundation Professor of Genitourinary & HIV Medicine, Niger Delta University, Bayelsa State, January 2012 to Present; Coordinator of the HIV Services, Niger Delta University Teaching Hospital, Okolobiri, Bayelsa State, January 2014 to Present.
– Consultant Genitourinary & HIV Medicine, James Paget University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom. July 1996-January 2012;
– Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer, University of East Anglia, Norwich Medical School, Norwich, United Kingdom 2007 – 2012;
– Dean, Faculty of Clinical Sciences, College of Health Sciences, Niger Delta University, February 2015-February 2017.
– Eastern Regional Scholarship, 1966-1967;
– Rivers State Scholarship, 1969-1971;
– Federal Government Scholarship, 1974-1979
– Membership of the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologist of United Kingdom by examination (MRCOG) November 1989;
– Fellowship of the Sexual and Reproductive Health of the RCOG June 2006;
– Fellowship of the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologist of United Kingdom (FRCOG) June 2012;
– Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians of London, United Kingdom (FRCP, London) June 2012;
– Fellowship of the West African College of Surgeons, Faculty of Obstetrics & Gynaecology (FWACS (O&G) February 2017.
– Member, British HIV Association
– Member, International AIDS Society
– Member, International Union Against Sexually Transmitted Infections
– Member, British Association of Sexual Health & HIV
– Member, American Sexually Transmitted Diseases Association
– Member, Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologist
– Member, Society of Gynaecology & Obstetrics of Nigeria
– Member, Association of Medical Education of Europe
– Member, International Association of Medical Science Educators
– Member, Association for the Study of Medical Education
– Member, European Society of Contraception and Reproductive Health
Listed in Marquis “Who’s Who in Medicine & Healthcare” 1999-2000.
Published over 50 articles in local and international journals
Currently Editor in Chief, Niger Delta Medical Journal from March 2017 to present. Online at www.ndmjournal.org
The Life Motivational Literature: An Arduous Climb by Kelsey A Harrison
ROLE MODELS/MENTORS: Emeritus Professors Kelsey Harrison & Nimi Briggs
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle
Keen rambler & amateur cyclist, Jazz music enthusiast, Amateur web-designer.
Niger Delta University,
College of Health Sciences,
Faculty of Clinical Sciences,
Department of O&G,
Amassoma, Bayelsa State.
“Please send your updated CV to: [email protected]” – Editor
All entries available on this Website shall be updated from time to time in order to add, modify or amend the information or contents of an existing entry. Accordingly, no legal proceedings whatsoever shall be entertained by the biographer on account of any information deemed to be inadequate or incomplete.