KASHAMU, Sen Buruji

Buruji Kashamu was born in Ogun state Nigeria on 19 May 1958 with the birth name Buruji Kashamu. Kashamu started his education at Ansarudeen Primary School, Ijebu Igbo and left in the year 1972 to complete his primary school education at St. John Modern School, Lagos. He then attended evening classes at Igbobi College while working as a licensing agent. He later went to London where he took courses in Business Management at Pitman College, London. Senator Kashamu started his business life as a teenager and realizing his great flare for business, he took courses in Business Studies at Pitman College in the United Kingdom to prepare himself for the enormous task of business management and actualization. He later enrolled for an Executive Diploma in English Language at the University of Lagos, Akoka, Yaba, where he bagged a Diploma in English. In 2014, he was awarded an honorary Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Humanities by the prestigious University of Cambridge, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States. As a shrewd businessman and industrialist, he has about 76% share capital in the ultra-modern cotton gingery in the Republic of Benin, a neighboring French-speaking West African country; and, the Government of Benin and some private banks jointly owned the remaining 24% equity shares of the cotton factory. Senator Kashamu has been involved in the business of importation and exportation of goods and commodities for over 25 years. For him, the saying that the height by great men reached and kept was not attained by a sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night could not be truer. He maintains such a high energy level and tight schedule that see him stay awake till late in the night, every day. He calls you up at anytime so much that you wonder if he does not sleep! He is in one word a workaholic. It is equally worthy to mention that Senator Kashamu is also a philanthropist of note. It could be safely said that his philanthropic gestures smoothed his recent foray into politics. Senator Kashamu’s foray into politics began in 2009 when former Ogun State Governor Gbenga Daniel and other chieftains of the People's Democratic Party (Nigeria) in Ogun State invited him to help mediate in the intra-party crisis that nearly crippled the government and party in the state. He soon established a platform then known as “OGD OMO ILU” through which he sought to rally all the various contending interests. His intention was to get everybody to support the then Governor Gbenga Daniel-led government. But alas! The very elements that caused the initial feud he was meant to mediate in swung into action and things fell apart. Yet, he was able to establish that what was at the root of the crisis was the indifference of the government of the day to the people’s welfare. Pronto, he helped many to set up their businesses. Others, he gave vehicles and cash, ranging from N200, 000 to N1m per person. The foundation soon metamorphosed into what many called the “Omoilu Movement” as it spread across the 20 local government areas in the state. Again, on realizing that no nation or people can be greater than the level of its human resource, Senator Kashamu also made education one of the cardinal objectives of the Omoilu Foundation. Now, besides empowering people from all walks of life with over 600 units of vehicles and 1,000 motorcycles, a good number of indigent youths are on the foundation’s scholarship in various private and public institutions across the country and beyond.
Last Update

“Please send your updated CV to: info@blerf.org” – Editor

© Blerf

All entries available on this Website shall be updated from time to time in order to add, modify or amend the information or contents of an existing entry. Accordingly, no legal proceedings whatsoever shall be entertained by the biographer on account of any information deemed to be inadequate or incomplete.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2020 Biographical Legacy and Research Foundation. Powered by 24hubs

error: Content is protected !!

Log in with your credentials

Forgot your details?

Skip to toolbar