Dewa, Benin Republic
Chief of Staff to the President of Nigeria, 2015-; Board Member, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, 2016-;
– Officer Cadet;
– Platoon Commander;
– Transport Officer, the 1 Brigade Transport Company;
– Second-in-Command, Nigerian Army Artillery;
– Commander, Nigerian Army Artillery;
– Commander of 1 Brigade, Kaduna;
– Commanding Officer, 5th Battalion, Nigerian Army, Kano;
– Governor of North-Central State, July 1967-75;
– Chairman, National Defence Committee, National Constitutional Conference;
– Member, Board of Directors, First Bank of Nigeria;
– Member, Board of Directors, Standard Alliance Insurance;
– Member, Board of Directors, Merchant Bank of Commerce;
– Chairman, Gamah Flour Mills;
– Chairman, Alif Engineering and Construction;
He was appointed Mechanical Transport Officer, Nigerian Army Supply and Transport Coy, Kaduna from 1961 to 1963; Battery Commander, Nigerian Army, from September 1966 to May 1967 and appointed Military Governor, North Central State of Nigeria after the creation of States in 1967.
Kyari led the Northern delegates to the 1994 National Constitutional Conference and was appointed Chairman of the National Defence Committee of the conference. After retiring, he was appointed to the board of directors of First Bank of Nigeria, Standard Alliance Insurance and Merchant Bank of Commerce. He became Chairman of Gamah Flour Mills and of Alif Engineering and Construction.
Brigadier Abba Kyari, a first generation military Officer was a true model of the discipline, decency and modesty of his profession. His administrative capabilities were truly tested in the new North Central State, which he presided over at the difficult period of Nigeria’s existence 1967 to 1975. The multi ethnic State of North Central which also housed Kaduna power house of northern politics provided an opportunity for the army Officer/Governor to exercise his God given talent at multi ethnic balancing and peace making. That he successfully steered the affairs of the State for a period of nine years, remains a testimony to his prudence, foresight and military/political versatility. He was removed and retired in July 1975 following a coup d’etat that sac-fad their government.
“Please send your updated CV to: email@example.com” – Editor
All entries available on this Website shall be updated from time to time in order to add, modify or amend the information or contents of an existing entry. Accordingly, no legal proceedings whatsoever shall be entertained by the biographer on account of any information deemed to be inadequate or incomplete.