Shendam, Plateau State
Stephanie (Daughter), Naanshak (Son) and Tiopsan (Daughter).
• Present Governor of Plateau State • member of the National Council of States, National Economic Council, Nigerian Governors Forum, Progressive Governors Forum. He also holds several positions of responsibility, namely, Committee on Review of Minimum Wage, Presidential Food Security Council
• Represent Shendam Constituency in the Plateau State House of Assembly. In October 2000
• Chairman, House Committee on Judiciary; Member, House Committee on Local Government & Chieftaincy Affairs, Public Accounts/Petition and Agriculture
• Chairman of the Northern Governors Forum
People’s Democratic Party (PDP)
All Progressives Congress (APC)
• Honourary Fellow of the Nigeria Academy of Education
• Honourary Fellow of the College of Animal Health and Production Technology (FCAHT), Vom, amongst others
Gwat Goemai (Defender of Goemai Land)
Ganuwan Keffi (By Keffi Emirate)
Kurgwi of Ajikamai
Ikpaat of Ibaas Chiefdom (Shield of Ibaas Nation)
Ngu Epe Yil Jipal (The man who opens Jipal Land for good things)
Jarumin Gboggom (Gboggom Chief Chiefdom)
Miskaham Wangyil Chakfemland (Emancipator of Chakfem Land)
• Doctorate Degree (Honoris Causa) in Law Achievers University (AU), Owo, Ondo State.
• Doctorate Degree (Honoris Causa) in Political Science and Social Development, Institute Superieur de Management (ISM) Adonai University, (Affiliate of The American University of Leadership, Florida, USA), Cotonou, Republic of Benin
• The speaker Plateau State House of Assembly till 2006
• two times (2001–2002) elected as the Chairman of the Conference of Speakers of the 36 states of Nigeria.
• establishment of the following tertiary institutions: Plateau State University, Bokkos; College of Agriculture Garkawa; College of Arts, Science and Remedial Studies, Kurgwi
Governor Lalong was voted and sworn in as 5th Executive Governor of Plateau State on 29th May 2015. The stunningly beautiful Plateau State is the Home of Peace, Tourism and Hospitality; a national asset endowed with great human and material resources; a wealth of resources and a wealth of opportunities for present and future development. Assertive without unnecessarily being too uncompromising, Governor Lalong is a patriot who has offered himself to serve with loyalty, humility, diligence, without prejudice to religion and ethnicity. His underlying philosophical approach is being ‘people oriented and people-centered’ for a peaceful, united and prosperous State where all youths and elders are free to express their talents. His Vision and Mission for the state is fundamentally about Service and fairness in distribution of scarce resources and developmental projects across the geo-political zones of the state. Above all, his cognate experience and exposure as the longest serving speaker of the Plateau State House of Assembly and a witness to workings of the Legislature, Executive, Judiciary and crisis management genuinely prepared him from the early years in sustainable integration and governance.
At the twilight of return to democratic governance in 1998, and as a youth activist/Lawyer, his early political career was active participation in the formation of the people’s Democratic Party (PDP) at the grassroots in Shendam L.G.A. In 1999, contested and won election into the Plateau State House of Assembly (Served 2 terms). Within one year in the House, had served as Chairman, House Committee on Judiciary; Member, House Committee on Local Government & Chieftaincy Affairs, Public Accounts/Petition and Agriculture.
“Please send your updated CV to: [email protected]” – Editor
All entries available on this Website shall be updated from time to time in order to add, modify or amend the information or contents of an existing entry. Accordingly, no legal proceedings whatsoever shall be entertained by the biographer on account of any information deemed to be inadequate or incomplete.