Gashua town, Yobe State
B.Sc, M.Sc, PhD
Senate President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 2019-;
– Education Officer, Ministry of Education, Yobe State, 1985-1986;
– Lecturer, University of Maiduguri, Borno State, 1987-1997;
– Vice Chairman, Yobe State Chapter, APP, 1998;
– Secretary, Electoral Committee, APP National Convention, Abuja, 1999;
– Elected into the House of Representatives, where he chaired such committee as House Committees on Education and Agriculture, 1999;
– Chairman, The House Committee on Agriculture, 2003-2005;
– Chairman, The House Committee on Education, 2005-2007;
– Elected a Senator representing Yobe North Senatorial District on the platform of the All Nigerian Peoples Party (ANPP), 2007;
– Chairman, Senate Committee on Public Accounts, 2007-2015;
– Member, National Assembly’s Joint Committee on Constitution Review, 2008;
– Chairman of the Senate committee on Public Accounts, 2009;
– Re-elected for second term as Senator representing Yobe North Senatorial District on the platform of the All Nigerian Peoples Party (ANPP), 2011;
– Elected for a third term as Senator representing Yobe North Senatorial District on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC), 2015;
– Chairman, Senate Committee on Defence, 2015-2017;
– Majority Leader, Eighth Senate, 2015-2019.
MEMBERSHIP OF POLITICAL PARTIES:
– All Nigerian Peoples Party (ANPP)
– All Progressives Congress (APC)
– Dan Masanin Bade
– Garkuwan Daliban Gamui.
AWARDS AND HONOURS:
– National Honour of the Commander of the Order of the Niger (CON).
No 12 Gashua Road, Gashua, Yobe State
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION:
ADVANCE COURSES UNDERTAKEN BY SENATOR LAWAN:
– 3rd Westminster Workshop on Public Accounts Committee, House of Parliament, London.
– Oxford Strategic Leadership Programme (OSLP), SAID Business School University of Oxford.
– Professional Development Course on the Canadian Taxation System, Carleton University.
Managing Teams for Innovation and Success Program, Stanford University School of Business.
“Please send your updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org” – Editor
All entries available on this Website shall be updated from time to time in order to add, modify or amend the information or contents of an existing entry. Accordingly, no legal proceedings whatsoever shall be entertained by the biographer on account of any information deemed to be inadequate or incomplete.