Zaria, Kaduna State
B.Sc., MBA, FPCPharm, SEC, Ph.D, FPSN, FNIM, mni
Consultant and Professor, Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacy Practice, Dora Akunyili College of Pharmacy, Igbinedion University, Okada (IUO), Okada, Edo State, 2016-;
– Enumerator, National Census (1972);
– Intern Pharmacist, Pharmacy Dept, ABU Teaching Hospital (ABUTH), Kaduna, 1979 – 1979;
– Pharmacist In-Charge, Pharmacy Dept, General Hospital Potiskum, Old Borno State, 1979 – 1980 (NYSC period);
– Northern Area Pharmaceutical Representative, Grunenthal GMBH, C/O Pharco (Nig) Ltd, Beirut Road, Kano, 1980 – 1984;
– Pharmaceutical Divisional Manager, Kaduna State Distribution Agency (KSDA) Ltd, Kaduna, 1986 – 1988;
– Chief Pharmacist and Head of Pharmacy Department, HMB, Kaduna State Health Management Board (HMB), Waff Road, Kaduna,1988 – 1989;
– Chief Pharmacist, Kaduna State Ministry of Health (MoH), Headquarters, Kaduna, 1989 – 1990;
– Pharmacist, Federal Medical Team to Saudi Arabia (1989; 1992; 1995 and 2000);
– Director of Pharmaceutical Services (DPS), Kaduna State Ministry of Health (MoH), Headquarters, Kaduna, 1990 – 1993;
– Project Manager (PM) (combined work as DPS initially), Project Implementation Unit (PIU), AfDB/AfDF – Assisted Kaduna Health Rehabilitation Project (KHRP) Ministry of Health (MoH), Headquarters, Kaduna, 1992 – 1998;
– Project Coordinator for 28 months for the project and on appointment, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Zaria Pharmaceutical Company (ZPC) Ltd, Zaria (Manufacturers of ZARINJECT disposable syringes and needles, Biggest syringe manufacturing facility in West Africa), Zaria, 1997 – 1999;
– Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Zazzau Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (ZPIL), Zaria (Manufacturers of branded and generic tablets and syringes, Production of ten (10) different Pharmaceutical Products), Zaria, 2000 – 2003
– Registrar and Chief, Pharmacists Council of Nigeria, (PCN) Idu, Abuja Executive Officer (CEO) served for two (2) full terms totaling eight (8) years, 2003 – 2012;
– Foundation Dean and Pioneer Head, Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacy Management, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kaduna State University (KASU), Kaduna, 2012 – 2016;
– Member, Technical Committee, National Council on Health (NCH) (1988 – 1993; 2003 – 2012);
– Member, Pharmacists Board of Nigeria (PBN) (now defunct) (1989 – 1992);
– Member, Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN) as follows:-
As DPS (Kaduna State) (1992 – 1993);
As Representative of the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria (PSN) (1999 – 2002) and August to October, 2003.
– Foundation Member and late member, Central Working Committee (CWC) and now Member of the Board of Trustees (BoT) of the Zaria Education Development Association (ZEDA) (1992 – 2011; 2011 – date);
– National Chairman and later Chairman, Board of Trustees (BoT) of the Ahmadu Bello University Pharmacy Alumni Association (ABUPAA) (1994 – 2010; 2010 – date);
– Foundation Interim Chairman, West African Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association (WAPMA) (2002);
– National Chairman, Committee of Registrar of the Health Professions (CRHP) (2006 – 2012);
– National President, ABU Alumni Association (2015 – 2017; 2017 – date);
– Governing Council, ABU, Zaria as Council member (2015 – 2017 and 2017 to date);
– Directorate of University Advancement (DUA) ABU, Zaria as Board member (2015 – 2017 and 2017 to date);
– National Chairman, Conference of Alumni Associations of Nigerian Universities (CAANU) (2016 to date);
– Presidential Committee on Pharmaceutical Sector Reform (PCPSR) (2003 – 2012);
– Commission of Administrative Pharmacy of the International Pharmaceutical Federation (F.I.P) (elected as Executive Committee member in Lyon, France (1992 – 1996);
– Nigerian Association of Pharmacists and Pharmaceutical Scientists in the Americas (NAPPSA) as a Board member and the first and only non USA based Nigerian Pharmacist to be on the Board (2015 to date);
– Conferred with the traditional title of “Wakilin Maganin Zazzau” by the Zazzau Emirate Council, Zaria, under His Highness, the Emir of Zazzau, Alhaji Shehu Idris, CFR (2013).
– Division One and best graduating student (Form VB), Government College, (Now Barewa College), Zaria, 1974;
– Member, National Institute (mni) Certificate
– Fellow, Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria (FPSN) (1997);
– Fellow and Industrial Leadership Award of the Institute of Corporate Administration of Nigeria (1998);
– Fellow, Institute of Corporate Executives of Nigeria (FICEN) (1998);
– Fellow, Institute of Healthcare Management, Nigeria (FIHMN) (2012);
– Fellow, Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM) (Chartered) (FNIM) (2017);
– Award as Benefactor of the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences ABU, Zaria (2004);
– Conferred with Labour – Friendly Award by the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC), Abuja Branch (2005);
– Eminent Persons Award of the Nigerian Association of Industrial Pharmacists (NAIP) (1998);
– Pharmaceutical Leadership Award as Africa’s Pharmacist Executive of the Year Award (2009) by African Leadership Magazine (Paris, 2010);
– Nominated as the most distinguished Alumnus of the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, ABU, Zaria (2012);
PROF MORA HAS AUTHORED AND CO-AUTHORED NINE (9) BOOKS WHICH HAVE BEEN PUBLISHED WITH ISBN AS FOLLOWS:
1. The Proceedings of Nationwide Advocacy Visits and Interactive Sessions with Hospital Pharmacists and a Fellow-up Workshop on Improving Hospital Pharmacy Practice in Nigeria (2009). ISBN: 978 – 2397 – 82 – 1
2. Highlights of Administrative and Organizational Restructuring for Managing an Effective PCN Registry (2003 – 2008) Towards Meeting the Implementation Challenges of a Restructured PCN (2009). ISBN: 978 – 2397 – 74 – 1
3. The Contributions of Students and Alumni Associations Towards Promoting Pharmacy Education and Practice in Nigeria (May, 2014). ISBN: Soft Cover – 978-978-071-7; Hard cover -978-978-083-070-0
4. The Lizard Shape Model in Drug Distribution in Nigeria. May, 2014. ISBN: 978-978-083-072-4
5. The Tenth of Ramadhan Lectures: A Convergence of the people of Zazzau for the Progress of Nigeria. The Tenth of Ramadhan Lectures: A Convergence of the people of Zazzau for the Progress of Nigeria. The Tenth of Ramadhan Lectures: A Convergence of the People of Zazzau for the Progress of Nigeria (January, 2015). ISBN: 978-978-083-069-4 (First edition) (June, 2015); ISBN: 978-978-083-069-4 (Second edition) (February, 2016); ISBN: 978-978-083-069-4 (Third edition).
6. Excellence in Pharmacy Practice Management – The Fred Adenika Legacy (2009) ISBN: 978 – 978-900–233–7 and Pharmanews Ltd
7. D.S Wali – An Icon of Community Pharmacy Practice in Nigeria (2013). ISBN: 978 – 932 – 351 – 7
EDITED TWENTY – TWO (22) BOOKS AS FOLLOWS:
1. Proceedings of First Workshop by the Committee of Registrars of the Health Profession (CRHP) in Abuja – The Role of Health
Regulatory Bodies in Advancing Health Care Delivery Services in Nigeria (2008). ISBN: 978 – 2397 – 50 – 4.
2. Proceedings of Second Workshop by the Committee of Registrars of the Health Professions (CRHP) in Abuja (2011) – Harmony in the Healthcare System: The Role of Health Regulatory Agencies (2011). ISBN: 978 – 2397 – 27 – X.
3. Meeting The Leadership Challenge of A Repositioned PCN: The Council’s 2003 – 2007 Scorecard (2009). ISBN: 978-2397 – 17-2
4. PCN’ S Manual For Pharmaceutical Inspectors in Nigeria (2009). ISBN: 978-2397 – 41-5
5. PCN’ S Training Manual For Pharmacy Technicians in Nigeria (2009). ISBN:- 978-2397-26-1
6. PCN’ S Code of Ethics For Pharmacists In Nigeria (2009). ISBN: 978-2397-33-4
7. PCN’S Approved Patent Medicines List (2009). ISBN: 978-239772-5
8. PCN S Internship Logbook for Fresh Pharmacy Graduates in Nigeria (2009). ISBN: 978-2397-18-0.
9. PCN’ S Guidelines For The Issuance of The Patent And Proprietary Medicines Vendor’s License (2009). ISBN: 978-2397-25-3
10. PCN’ S Continuing Education Programme (CEP) For Holders of The Patent And Proprietary Medicines Vendor’s License (2009) (PPMVL) In Nigeria. ISBN: 978-2397-34-2
11. Procedures for the Registration of Pharmacists and Pharmaceutical Premises in Nigeria (2009). ISBN: 978-2397-80-6
12. The PCN Sourcebook on Pharmacy Regulation in Nigeria. (2009). ISBN: 978-2397-49-0
13. PCN’s Lecture Notes for the Orientation Programme of Patent Medicine Vendors in Nigeria (2009). ISBN: 978-2397-73-3
14. PCN’s Guidelines for the Establishment of Pharmacy Programme in Nigerian Institutions (2009). ISBN: 978-2397-81-4
15. PCN’s Manual for the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Orientation Programme (2009). ISBN: 978-2397-42-3
16. PCN’s Mandatory Continuing Professional Development Programme (MCPDP) for the Re-certification of Pharmacists in Nigeria (2009). ISBN: 978-2397-42-3
17. Education For A Better Tomorrow:-A Compilation of Lectures Delivered During the Annual General Meetings (AGMs) of
Zaria Education Development Association (ZEDA),(1993-2012). (2012). ISBN: 978-978-929-785-6
18. Meeting the Leadership Challenge of a Re-positioned PCN: The Council’s 2003 – 2006 Scorecard (First Edition) (2005). ISBN: 978-2397-19-9
19. The Four-Part Compendium of Minimum Standards for the Assurance of Pharmaceutical Care in Nigeria (2 nd Edition) (2009). ISBN: 978-2397-66-0
20. The Barewa Lecture Series: Selected Annual Lectures of the Barewa Old Boys Association (November, 2013). ISBN: 978-978-936-341-4
21. Score Card of the National Executive Committee (NEC): The Activities of the Barewa Old Boys Association (2012-2016): 2017.
22. Towards Achieving Our Dream for ABU (2nd Edition) (2017). ISBN: 978-978-962-145-3
– Undertook many Peer-Reviewed Research Studies which have been published in many national and international journals.
-Pharm. Dahiru Suleiman Wali,
-Dr. Usman Muhammad Bugaje.
“The best among men is that person who is the most beneficial to mankind”.
*Travelling, Reading newspapers and magazines, Animals rearing.
23/25, Mora Road,
Tudun Wada, Zaria,
Prof Mora has attended more than 270 conferences, workshops, seminars and symposium from 1988 to date (30 years) in Nigeria and abroad and presented 76 pharmacy position papers, findings of research studies and as Keynote Address Speaker.
SOME CONSULTANCIES AND ADVOCACY WORKS CARRIED OUT BY PROF MORA INCLUDE:
– Consultant and Project Coordinator for the Kaduna State Government-owned Zaria Pharmaceutical Company (ZPC), Ltd, Zaria, the manufacturers of the ZARINJECT disposable syringes and needles as the first and the biggest disposable syringes company in West Africa at commissioning in 1996, with 135 million pieces of 2mls, 5mls and 10mls syringes output capacity per annum. Later headed the company as MD and CEO for 30 months;
– Consultant for the First Medical and Sterile Products Industries Ltd, at the Calabar Export Free Trade Zone (CEFTZ), Calabar, Cross Rivers State. Advised the promoters on the machinery and equipment for the Auto Disable (AD) and conventional type disposable syringes and needles. The 90 million capacity facility produces 0.2ml; 0.5ml; 1mls and 2mls disposable syringes and the first in Nigeria to use the AD technology;
– Consultant to the West African Health Organization (WAHO) with Headquarters in BOBO Dioullouso, Burkina Faso. Had consulted and headed committees on Developing of Training curricular for Pharmacy Technicians, Code of Conducts for Pharmacists for adoption in countries within ECOWAS.
Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacy Practice,
Dora Akunyili College of Pharmacy,
Igbinedion University, Okada (IUO),
Okada, Edo State.
“Please send your updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org” – Editor
All entries available on this Website shall be updated from time to time in order to add, modify or amend the information or contents of an existing entry. Accordingly, no legal proceedings whatsoever shall be entertained by the biographer on account of any information deemed to be inadequate or incomplete.