Mbiabong Ikot Atim, Ini LGA, Akwa Ibom State
WASC/GCE; GCE; B.A Hons (Mass Communication); Diploma in International Public Relations Management; MBA (Marketing); M.A, (Mass Communication) ; Ph.D (Mass Communication).
– UwakmfonAbasi (M)
– EtienoAbasi (F) and
– EdimekAbasi (M)
Chief Lecturer, Department of Mass Communication, Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic, Ikot Osurua, Ikot Ekpene.
– President, Current Affairs Club, St Patrick’s College, Calabar, 1980 – 1981;
– Labour Prefect, St Patrick’s College, Calabar, 1980 – 1981;
– Del’ Editor in Chief, CRS School of Basic Studies Press Club, 1984- 1985;
– President , Mass Communication Association, University of Nigeria , Nsukka,1989 – 1990;
– National Chairman, National Association of Mass Communication Students in Nigeria (NAMASCOS), 1989 -1990;
– President, National Association of Akwa Ibom Students (NAKISS), University of Nig, Nsukka , 1988 – 1990;
– Public Relations Executive (NYSC), Maiduguri Flour Mills, 1990 – 1991;
– Public Relations Officer, Odudua & Co Mgt. Consultants, Uyo, 1992- 1993;
– Features Writer/Head, Business Desk, The Pioneer Newspapers Limited, Akwa Ibom State, 1993 – 1994;
– Executive Consultant, Masterminds Ltd , Uyo, 1993- 1995;
– Lecturer, Mass Communication, Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic, 1994 – 1999;
– Asst Secretary, Nigerian Institute of Public Relation (NIPR), Akwa Ibom State, 1996-;
– Sponsor, Campaign Against Political Violence in Nigeria, (CAPVIN);
– Co-ordinator, International Institute of Journalism, Uyo Centre, 1996 – 1997;
– Director of Press to the Akwa Ibom State Government, May 1999 – 2003;
– Special Assistant to the Akwa Ibom State Governor on Public Affairs, 2003 – 2007;
– Senior Special Assistant to the Akwa Ibom State Governor on Media and Public Affairs, June 2007 – July 2008;
– Chief Lecturer & Head, Department of Mass Communication, Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic, Ikot Osurua, Ikot Ekpene, 2008 – 2011;
– Head, Akwa Ibom State Secretariat, 2014 National Conference, Abuja, March 2014 – April 2014;
Chief Lecturer & Head, Department of Mass Communication, Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic, Ikot Osurua, Ikot Ekpene, 2013 – 2016.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES:
– Member, Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ).
– Member, Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (MNIPR).
– Member, International Public Relations Association (MIPRA), London.
– Fellow, Institute of Corporate Administration of Nigeria (FICAN).
– Member, African Council on Communication Education (ACCE).
– Fellow, 21 st Century Trust/Salzburg Global Seminar.
i. Age of Videots (2005). Robertou Communications, Uyo, Nigeria.
ii. Bold Steps (2005) ed. Selected Speeches of Arc (Obong) Victor Attah. Radiance Mark Communications, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.
B. BOOK CHAPTERS:
i. Des Wilson, et al. ed. (2012). Branding, Rebranding: An Exposition and Case Studies. In Critical Issues in Public Relations and Communication. Abam Publishing Company, Uyo, Nigeria.
ii. Nworgu, K. O. ed. (2010). Journalism Profession. In Mass Communication: Theory and Practice. Ultimate Books, Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria.
iii. Jossy, N. (2004). Propaganda and Information Management: A New Approach in Digital Public Relations. New Techniques in Reputation Management (Volume One) Zoom Lens Publishers, Festac Town, Lagos, Nigeria.
C. ARTICLES IN ACADEMIC JOURNALS:
i. Nana, Udeme E. (2018). Newsframing: Its Implications for the Promotion of Peace, Human Rights and the Rule of Law.In Review of Communication and Media Studies. A Publication of the Department of Mass Communication, Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Port Harcourt, Vol.3, No.2, pp.33-38.
ii. Nworgu, K. O., Prof. Obiajulu, Emejulu & Nana, Udeme (2017). Assessing the Role of Indigenous Language Newspapers in the Promotion of Nigerian Language.In Nigerian Languages Studies (NILAS), A Journal of the Nigerian Institute for Nigerian Languages, Aba, Vol.3, No.2, pp.157-169.
iii. Nana, Udeme and Umor, E. (2016). An Assessment of Aesthetic Forms in the Presentation of News in Select National Newspapers.In Review of Communication and Media Studies, Vol.1, No.3.A Publication of the Department of Mass Communication, Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Port Harcourt.
vi. Critical issues in Public Relations Management.In the National Business Waves, Vol.5, No.3 (2010). A Journal of the Department of Business Administration, Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic, Ikot Osurua, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State, pp.97-103.
v. Nworgu, K. O. and Nana, Udeme (2008). Rural Broadcast Media in Nigeria: From the Empire Service to the new Information and Communication Technologies Era. African Journal of Communication and Development Studies, Vol.2, No.1, pp.241-247.
vi. Media and Leadership (2005) in Mass Media Review. An International Journal of Mass Communication, Vol.1, No.1, pp.69-75.
vii. Mass Communication and Business: A Relational Analysis. In “The Business Waves”. The Official Academic Journal of the Department of Business Administration, Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic, Ikot Osurua, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria (1998).
UNPUBLISHED PAPERS PRESENTED AT SEMINARS/WORKSHOPS/CONFERENCES:
i. Re-inventing Culture in the Quest for Sustainable Peace and Security in Nigeria – Presented at the National Conference of the National Institute for Cultural Orientation at Ibom Hall, Uyo in June, 2019.
ii. Principles of Clear Writing – Presented at Action Aid/UKAID Workshop on Reporting Corruption for Media Executives in the South-South (Uyo) and South-East (Enugu) in August, 2018.
iii. Script Writing for a Wow Article – Presented at Action Aid/UKAID Workshop on Reporting Corruption for Media Executives in the South- South (Uyo) and South-East (Enugu) in August, 2018.
iv. Book Review: A Technocrat Lifted by God’s Grace authored by Sir, S. U. Akpan (2017).
v. Self-Critique as an Imperative for Professionalism in Media Practice (2017).
vi. Actualising Investment Opportunities in Akwa Ibom State through Public Relations at Akwa Ibom State NIPR Round Table, 2017.
vii. The Executive Spokesperson’s Role Perception/Latest Trends Approaches to Public Affairs Management at the Spokespersons Conference (November 8 & 9, 2016) Abuja.
viii. Key Issues in the Branding of Akwa Ibom State of Nigeria: Challenges and Opportunities. Keynote at the First Late Chief O. W. Udoh Lecture Series/ 2013 AGM of NIPR, Akwa Ibom State Chapter (2013).
Reading, Writing, Travelling, Football , Table Tennis.
SPECIAL SOCIAL/ COMMUNITY SERVICE:
– Convener, Uyo Book Club (2015)
The initiative is to promote a culture of reading among the youths in Akwa Ibom State.
Department of Mass Communication,
AKS Polytechnic, Ikot Osurua, Ikot Ekpene.
“Please send your updated CV to: [email protected]” – Editor
All entries available on this Website shall be updated from time to time in order to add, modify or amend the information or contents of an existing entry. Accordingly, no legal proceedings whatsoever shall be entertained by the biographer on account of any information deemed to be inadequate or incomplete.