Contributing Columnist, Premiumtimesng.com Column Series (Counting the months for the Chibok Girls), 2014-TILL DATE.
– Assistant Editor, Nigerian Institute of International Affairs, Lagos, Nigeria, 1977-1978;
– Editorial Board Member Daily Times, published in Lagos, Nigeria, by Daily Times Nigeria Ltd, 1978- 1980;
– Senate Correspondent, Daily Times; Staff Writer, Daily Times; Senior Correspondent, Sunday Times; Contributor, Business Times, a weekly newspaper of business and finance, published by Daily Times Nigeria Ltd (At various times between 1978 and 1982);
– Lagos Bureau Chief, Africa Now, London, a monthly magazine of African affairs,
published by Pan-African Publishers Ltd, 1982-1983;
– Editorial Board Member, The Guardian; Ag Features Editor, The Guardian; Editor Sunday Supplement, The Guardian on Sunday; National Assembly Bureau Chief, The Guardian; Senior Correspondent, The Guardian (At various times between 1984 and 1989);
– Editor, The Guardian on Sunday, published by Guardian Newspapers, Lagos, 1985-1988;
– Deputy Editor, The Guardian, 1988- 1989;
– New York Correspondent, The Sunday Times, Lagos, Nigeria, published by Daily
Times Nigeria Ltd, 1990-1991;
– Contributing Editor, Colors, quarterly published by Benetton in New York and
Rome Avant-Garde Magazine of Social Affairs, 1991-1992;
– Contributor, Africa Recovery, Journal of African Economic and Development Issues published by the United Nations in New York, USA, 1993-1994;
– Assistant Editor and Columnist, The Sunday Independent, Johannesburg, South
Africa, published by Independent Newspapers Plc, 1995-1997;
– Copy Editor, 21st Century, Beijing, China, published by China Daily, 1998-1999;
– Director Editorial Strategy, Editorial Page Editor, Columnist, NEXT on Sunday,
NEXT Daily,234NEXT.com, 2008-2012.
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES:
– Foundation member, Nigerian Civil Liberties Organisation
– PROFESSIONAL: Forum for Ethics in Business awarded to Timbuktu Media
– INDIVIDUAL: 2013 Lifetime Award for Journalistic Excellence by the Wole Soyinka Centre for Investigative Journalism for “exemplary ethics, true professionalism and unparalleled courage on the beat.”
– Toxic Waste Dump in Koko, The Guardian on Sunday:
Nigeria was being used as dump for toxic waste from Europe. Koko, a remote
village in Mid-western Nigeria was the site. I was editor of the paper and supervised the coverage by our science correspondent.
– Locked away on an island prison, The Guardian on Sunday:
I broke the story on a secret Island prison established by the military regime,
Nigeria’s version of Robben Island.
– The Soweto Uprising 20 years on, The Sunday Independent, Johannesburg.
– Two years and counting… Premiumtimesng.com:
A 2-year vigil for the Chibok girls consisting of a column published once a month
on the anniversary of the kidnapping.
– Nigeria: The Daily Times, The Guardian, The Guardian on Sunday, Africa Now
– South Africa: The Sunday Independent
– China: China Daily, 21st Century
– US: The Sunday Times, Colors, Metropolis, Africa Recovery
“Please send your updated CV to: email@example.com” – Editor
All entries available on this Website shall be updated from time to time in order to add, modify or amend the information or contents of an existing entry. Accordingly, no legal proceedings whatsoever shall be entertained by the biographer on account of any information deemed to be inadequate or incomplete.