Senior Lecturer (On Contract) Department of Library and Information Science ,University of Abuja, Abuja. Nigeria.
• Member, Nigerian Library Association 1985 to date
• Member, West African Library Association 2003 to date
• Member, International Federation of Library
Associations and Institutions (IFLA) 2005 to date
• Member, Librarians’ (Registration, etc)
Council of Nigeria 2005 to date
• Member, Zonta International 1999 to date
• Fellow, Nigerian Library Association (FNLA), 2005.
• Fellow, International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP), US Department of State, United States Government, USA, June-July, 2008.
• Fellow, UNESCO Institute for Lifelong Learning, Hamburg, Germany,
October – December, 2007.
• Nigeria Youth Initiative for Transparency, Good Governance, Peace and Social Orientation (NYITGPSO) Merit Award as ‘Icon of Education’ of the year 2012, 2013.
• NRA Nigerian Woman of Distinction: Administration’ Award, 2013.
• Inter-Community Students’ Union of Nigeria Distinguished Leadership Award of Excellence as ‘Vanguard of True Federalism’ in due recognition of immense contribution to Nation Building, Meritorious Service to God, Humanity and Country, 2013.
• Friends of the National Library of Nigeria Award for Contributions & Support, 2012.
• NLA Oyo State Chapter ‘Daughter of Destiny’ Award, 2010.
• NLA Oyo State Chapter Award for Excellence in Librarianship, 2007.
• Eminent Service Award, presented by the Nigerian Library Association, Oyo State Chapter, 2000.
• Presidential Merit Award for ‘Excellence as Ambassador of the Year’ in recognition of support to development of Humanity presented by the Students Union Government, The Polytechnic, Ibadan, 1999.
• Award for Excellence in Librarianship presented by Nigerian Library Association, Oyo State Chapter, 1998.
Projects and Dissertations
1. Okojie, V. O. (2012). Information Literacy Skills and Use of Information and Communication Technologies by Librarians in Nigerian University Libraries. PhD Thesis, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. xx, 238p.
2. Okojie, V. O. (1991). Structural Dimensions of Accessibility to Healthcare in Ibadan. M.Sc. Dissertation, University of Ibadan, Ibadan. 135p.
3. Okojie, V. O. (1983). A Survey of Researcher’s Use of NIFOR’s Library Resources and Services. M.L.S. Dissertation, Department of Library Studies, University of Ibadan, Ibadan. 152p.
4. Okojie, V. O. (1983). A micro-thesaurus on child psychology. Department of Library Studies, University of Ibadan, Ibadan. 71p.
5. Okojie, V. O. (1983). The history and origin of Unogbo, Ishan with special reference to the significance of the Amese deity. Department of Library Studies, University of Ibadan, Ibadan.
i. Emerald Welcome to Library School Programme (2007):
ii. IFLA FAIFE Project on HIV/AIDS Information and Libraries (2009):
iii. Book & Computer Donation Programmes: Book Aid International (BAI), UK Book Donation Programme (1993-2009):
iv. Search Committee on Selecting an Appropriate Library Automation Management Software for the National Library of Nigeria (2007):
DfID British Council Higher Education Link Programme on Gender Security between Change Managers International Nigeria (CMIN), University of Abuja and the University of East London, London (2003-2005).
vi. IREX Project (2014-2017):
vii. NITDA Projects (2012-2016):
viii. USPF project (2014-2015):
ix. University of Makerere, Uganda and University of Abuja, Nigeria Collaboration (2017-2020).
x. Goethe-Institut, Nigeria, United States Consulate, Lagos and the University of Abuja, Abuja project (2018-2020).
Networking with people, Reading, Travelling, Swimming
• Information Technology skills
• Teaching, Mentoring and Coaching skills
• Human Resources Management skills
• Leadership and Team-building skills
• Financial Management skills
• Marketing skills
• Interpersonal and Customer Care skills
• Project Management skills
• Fundraising and Proposal Writing skills
• Advocacy, Lobbying & Networking skills
• Report Writing skills
Visited over 45 countries: Austria, Barbados, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, Angola, Benin Republic, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mauritius, Namibia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Rwanda, Swaziland, Togo, Uganda, Zimbabwe, etc.
CURRICULUM VITAE of Dr. Victoria Okojie
“Please send your updated CV to: [email protected]” – Editor
All entries available on this Website shall be updated from time to time in order to add, modify or amend the information or contents of an existing entry. Accordingly, no legal proceedings whatsoever shall be entertained by the biographer on account of any information deemed to be inadequate or incomplete.