B.A.; M.A.; Certificate in Natural Resource Management; Certificate in Human Rights and Humanitarian Law.
Publisher of Premium Times, June 2011-till date; Founder, Wole Soyinka Centre for Investigative Journalism (WSCIJ); Chief Judge for the Zimeo Award of the African Media Initiative (AMI); Board Member, the Norbert Zongo Cell for Investigative Journalism (an initiative of the UNODC), and the transnational investigative body for West Africa headquartered in Burkina Faso, CENOZO.
– Editor, Radio Nigeria;
– Editor, African Guardian magazines;
– Enterprise Editor/Head of the Investigative Reporting Team, Timbuktu Media Limited (publishers of 234Next);
– Founding Editor, The News, PM News and Tempo Magazine;
– Director, Africa Programs at the Panos Institute, Washington D.C., USA, 1996;
– He later worked with the Dakar, Senegal office of the Open Society Initiative (OSI) in Budapest, Hungary;
– International Jury for the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists [ICIJ] Award, 1999-2001;
– Project Director, Freedom House, 2004;
– West Africa Analyst for the Global Survey of Media Independence, 2004;
– Editor-in-Chief of Premium Times, June 2011;
– Policy Director and the Chief of Staff to the Executive Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.
AWARDS AND HONOURS:
– International Editor of the Year Award by the World Press Review (1995)
– PEN Center (West) Freedom to Write Award (1996)
– Press Freedom Award of the National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ) New York, U.S.A (1996)
– Hellman Hemmett grant of the Human Rights Watch (1996)
– Diamond Award for Media Excellence’s Lifetime Achievement Award by Diamond Publications (2017)
– Chido Onumah and Frederick Adetiba, “Testimony to Courage”, 2019. (A book of essays in honour of frontline journalist, Dapo Olorunyomi)
“Please send your updated CV to: [email protected]” – Editor
All entries available on this Website shall be updated from time to time in order to add, modify or amend the information or contents of an existing entry. Accordingly, no legal proceedings whatsoever shall be entertained by the biographer on account of any information deemed to be inadequate or incomplete.