Ibadan, Oyo State
B.A., M.A., Ph.D
– Assistant Lecturer, Department of Foreign Languages, Obafemi Awolowo University, 1982;
– Professor, French Language and Applied Linguistics, Obafemi Awolowo University, 2001-2010;
– Fellow, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation;
– Ambassador Scientist, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, 2008-2014;
National Public Relations Officer, KOWA Party;
Presidential Candidate, KOWA Party, 2015
American Association of University Women, 1986.
– Culture and Identity on Stage: Social-political Concerns and Enactments in Contemporary African Performing Arts (2001).
– Language Matters: Exploring the Dimensions of Multilingualism (2007).
– A Trust to Earn – Reflections on Life and Leadership in Nigeria (2010).
– Igniting Consciousness – Nigeria and Other Riddles (2013).
– Daybreak Nigeria – This Nation Must Rise! (2014).
late Nelson Mandela
Reading, Listening to Music
Prof. Sonaiya was a member of the Project Drafting Committee for the Establishment of the Nigerian French Language Village, Badagry, Lagos State.
She also served as a French interpreter for international conferences including sub-regional summits like that of the Economic Community of West African States(ECOWAS).
Prof. Sonaiya is a supporter of several church and para-church organisations, including the Nigerian Fellowship of Evangelical students (NIFES), the Nigeria Bible Translation Trust, Calvary Ministry, Great Commission Movement of Nigeria, etc. For several years, She has been a bible study teacher in her church and is on the international faculty of Haggai Institute, Hawaii, USA, where she lectures on Stewardship.
“Please send your updated CV to: [email protected]” – Editor
All entries available on this Website shall be updated from time to time in order to add, modify or amend the information or contents of an existing entry. Accordingly, no legal proceedings whatsoever shall be entertained by the biographer on account of any information deemed to be inadequate or incomplete.